At Chesterton International, the aim of our Asset Management Team is to work seamlessly with Landlords to assist them to achieve the goals for their property. We achieve this through a three step process:
Master the Basics
A proper audit of all leases and contracts, correctly translating that data and information into all electronic systems, understanding the requirements of the Landlord and Tenants and knowing how the building operates.
Experience and judgement are needed to make data meaningful; for example to know how to maximise rentals in different market conditions or to have the ability to interpret leases fairly to ensure that the Tenants pay all that they are obligated to. Risks must be identified at the earliest point possible, so that mitigation strategies can be put in place.
As a small team, culture plays a large role in our success. Chesterton has a joint management structure with Property Management, Facility Management and Finance all working together as one Asset Management Team.
From the platform of command of the basics and operational excellence, we will work with you to understand your goals and use our knowledge to identify risks and opportunities, and to recommend strategies that maximise the value of your property.
Asset Management Division
Following on from the Chesterton Asset Management philosophy, we believe that good Property Management flows from good relationships, collaboration and delivering timely outcomes.
We will add value by understanding your goals for the property, the market and where your asset is positioned to identify risks and opportunities, so appropriate recommendations can be made.
Chesterton International has a team of facilities and project managers focused on delivering compliance and innovative managements and operations solutions, across Commercial and Retail Properties.
- Building Compliance - coordinating and completing critical maintenance, service and administrative obligations and maintaining documentation for compliance obligations and audit purposes.
- Service contract tendering, contract negotiation and management.
- Developing site asset registers for all services and equipment.
- Optimizing cost recovery and return on investments through efficient budget management.
- Capital works tendering and works management.
- Implementing insurance/risk management policies and practices.
- Property inspections incorporating compliance by tenants and contractors.
Chesterton International has a dedicated team of qualified trust accountants that handle the day to day financial management of our portfolio. The team are property professionals that understand the value of accurate and timely reporting.
We further understand that our team will be responsible for certain additional financial tasks, including but not limited to setting budgets, variance analysis and reconciliation of outgoings. Our team have the skills to ensure these vital tasks are accomplished correctly and within deadlines.
Chesterton International aims to reduce risk through:
- A thorough working knowledge and ongoing staff training to provide of legislative requirements.
- Detailed background checks on potential tenants ensuring a history of good business practice.
- Constant review of all leases to ensure tenant compliance and critical dates are met.
- Prompt rent collection and arrears maintenance to protect the cash flow of the property.